The popular Instagram account teases locals with over-the-top creations.
Paul Tomaselli, the eater behind the brand DC Food Persuasion (@dcfoodpersuasion), and one of the moderators for Facebook’s Northern Virginia Foodies, peddles in ultra-decadent, ultra-outrageous comfort food. Everything he shares to his 11,000-plus followers on Instagram is either fried, covered in cheese or topped with whipped cream (and often off-menu). Here are some of his favorite indulge-worthy eats from around the region.
1. Double skirt burger from Sully’s Pour House // 754 Elden St., Suite 102, Herndon; sullyspourhouse.com
Pumpkin profiteroles, courtesy of @DCFOODPERSUASION
2. Pumpkin profiteroles from French Hound Brasserie // 19286 Promenade Drive, Leesburg; frenchhoundbrasserie.com
3. Chicken parmigiana tacos from Montclair Family Restaurant // 17001 Dumfries Road, Dumfries; montclairfamily.com
4. Wagyu steak with wagyu butter from DC Prime Steaks // 20120 Lakeview Center Plaza, Ashburn; dcprimesteaks.com
5. Beef rib double bacon cheeseburger from Red’s BBQ and Pizzeria // 21604 Romans Drive, Ashburn; facebook.com/RedsBBQandPizzeria
6. Strawberry honey toast with strawberries, strawberry ice cream and a strawberry compote from Chai-Yo // 14215-V Centreville Square, Centreville; facebook.com/chaiyodessert
Want more food content? Sign up for our weekly newsletter, written by food critic Stefanie Gans.