Here are our favorite casual places to grab a bite to eat.
By Stefanie Gans and Rina Rapuano
One of the criteria to make the 50 Best Restaurants list—besides amazing food and an atmosphere sliding between cozy-cool and fancy-festive—is table service. These days, some of the best bites requires a walk up to the counter. Here are our favorite casual places.
• Chop Shop Taco for Frito pie in Alexandria
• Fava Pot for egg dishes for dinner in Falls Church
• Hot Lola’s for a chicken sandwich (Warm + Tingling) in Arlington
• Old Dominion Pizza Company for a pepperoni slice in Arlington
• Pampa Sazone for arepas in Fairfax
• Pendleton Carryout Co. for Roman-style pizza in Alexandria
• Petite Loulou for a Croque Madam in Purcellville
• The Pit Stop for wings in Sterling
• Sloppy Mama’s for ribs and cornbread in Arlington
• A Taste of Jamaica for curry goat in Stafford
• Wooboi Hot Chicken for a chicken sandwich (Level Three) in Herndon