Restaurant Eve’s “gift” for April birthdays, Trummer’s on Main’s tiki party and Bayou Bakery’s David Guas gets a new gig.
By Stefanie Gans
Kosher for Passover wines. [WaPo]
Patio Tiki Party at Trummer’s on Main with pineapple-vanilla margaritas, a Hot and Cold Daiquiri with hot coconut foam and passed hors d’oeuvres. / April 9, 5:30-7:30 p.m.; $32 pp; 703-266-1623.
Bayou Bakery‘s (handsome) David Guas to host Travel Channel show. [WaPo]
If you have a friend with an April birthday, now is the time to take advantage: Restaurant Eve offers a free “gift” of seven courses to those celebrating April birthdays. Details from the press release:
Restaurant Eve’s annual celebratory April birthday bash has begun. In honor of the ten year anniversary of Restaurant Eve, anyone celebrating a birthday in April receives a gift of a 7 course surprise tasting menu.
The restaurant’s namesake, Eve Armstrong, shares the birthday and has once again opted in lieu of presents that all of her friends and family gift an item to the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria.
Touched by their daughter’s philanthropy, the Armstrongs’ and the team behind Restaurant Eve celebrates her request and offers a “gift for a gift” to benefit the animals (and people) of Alexandria for the third year in a row.
– “The Gift “ is valid Monday-Wednesday evening
– Reservations must be called in and not made on line or can not be honored.
– Valid ONE Gift per table – All enjoy a seven course surprise menu, one is treated to a seven course surprise menu.
– Gratuity on our gift still needs to be shared.
– ABC law does not permit us to include alcohol
– Please bring a token gift or check for animals of the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria.