Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Try this treat from nutritionist Danielle Omar.
By Taylor Ness
Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you shouldn’t spoil it with something unhealthy. A quick and simple solution to breakfast is a smoothie. You can enjoy it at home or take it on-the-go, and with the right ingredients it can leave you satisfied for hours.
The Green-ya Colada Smoothie was created by Danielle Omar, local dietitian/nutritionist, cookbook author and nutrition spokesperson. Her approach to nutrition consists of three steps, learn it, live and and love it. And there’s no way not to love this smoothie, which is filled with fiber and protein.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields 1-2, 1 cup servings
– 4-6 oz unsweetened coconut milk
– 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
– 2 cups bunch baby spinach
– 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
– 5 sprigs fresh mint
– 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
– 1/2 banana
– 2 Tbsp. Flax seed, ground
- Place spinach, yogurt and coconut milk in blender and process on high until liquid.
- Add pineapple, fresh mint, flax seed, shredded coconut and banana, blend until smooth.