Mina Fies of Synergy Design and Construction shares the top suggestions from her list of questions to ask when meeting your contractor.
1. How long have you been in business?
2. What class license do you hold?
3. What is a typical project size for your company?
4. How often do you take on projects like mine?
5. How many projects do you have going on at one time?
6. What does your production schedule look like and when would you start my project?
7. Do I need to move out?
8. How will you protect the rest of my home from damage, dust and debris?
9. How long will I be without my (kitchen/laundry room/mudroom)?
10. How will you handle the design process?
11. Who will be at my home every day and how will it be supervised?
12. How can you ensure this project will come in on time and on budget?
13. What kind of warranty do you offer?
14. What level of insurance do you carry?